Re: /etc/fstab configuration

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 08:08:15PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> ben wrote:
>
> > > /dev/floppy /floppy auto defaults,user.noauto 0 0
> >
> > user and noauto should be comma-separated.
>
> Ouch, you're right; my tyop. Should be:
>
> /dev/floppy /floppy auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0

I believe that the option "defaults" is only needed when you want the,
uh, defaults - the field can't be left blank.  However, once you start
specifying options which aren't the default, the "defaults" option is
superfluous.  Thus you can write the above as

  /dev/floppy /floppy auto user,noauto 0 0

Regards,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.