Re: /etc/fstab configuration

Otis Ward wrote:

> I recently altered only the /dev/fd0 line of my /etc/fstab file, instead
> of commenting out the original so it could be restored I edited the only
> existing version of that line. It now reads as follows;
>
> /dev/fd0 /floppy  floppy  defaults, user, auto 0 0; edited version
>
> /dev/fd0 /floppy xxxxxx defaults, user, noauto 0 0; original
>
> /dev/fd0 /floppy  xxxxxx defaults, user, noauto  0 0; my attempt to
> return to the original setting
>
> Can you tell me the original setting for the third column?

Mine says "auto", which makes sense, since you might have floppies in
various formats.

I'm also not sure whether you should have spaces between "user" and "noauto";
I think the fstab format uses spaces to separate the columns. Try pasting this
next line into your /etc/fstab and see if it works better:

/dev/floppy /floppy auto defaults,user.noauto 0 0

Craig