Re: just installed woody and have problem with X install
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: just installed woody and have problem with X install
- From: Jesse Goerz <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:58:25 -0500
- Message-id: <01120216582503.10310@reign>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20011202145159.F9969@ganymede> <email@example.com>
On Sunday 02 December 2001 15:19, Robinder Bains wrote:
> > Run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 again, and when you get
> > to the section about "Frame Buffer Device" answer "No"
> > Then try to startx again and see if it starts normally.
> > --
> > -Brian Clark
> O.k now I get this...
> (WW) The directory "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc" does not exist.
> Entry deleted from font path.
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server
apt-get --reinstall install xfonts-base
someone else posted this a week or so ago and it worked for me.