Re: Debian woody with Openoffice. Can not install

--- Steve Kieu <haiquy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > I don't know a solution, I can only confirm the
> > bug.
> > >
> > > OpenOffice is particularly poor at documenting
> > known
> > > issues with
> > > particular builds.  Discouraging as these are 10
> > > hour downloads for me
> > > (56k modem).  I've discussed the issue with
> Brian
> > > Behlendorf in the
>
> Yes I totally aggree, I looked at the homepage and
> FAQ, realease note for 641b, not any useful
> information about this bug that drives me crazy :-)
> then I deleted it all after 14 hours download !

Haven't tried 641b yet, but I used to have the same
problem with 638 build. You should check what dynamic
libs the setup program uses.

ldd setup

then make sure you have them all installed in the
right places, if not,  find the packages they are
bundled in and install. The setup should complete now.

It is not glibc 2.2.4 or OpenOffice problem.

l'm convinced you miss "libgpcl0" package!