Re: GTK+(?) font sizes insanity

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 02:01:51PM -0600, Michael Heldebrant wrote:
| On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 13:41, Paul E Condon wrote:
| > I am a newbie. I have just done an install of gnome via dselect of
| > potato. Where is gnome control center? I check in dselect and it
| > says it is already installed, but I can't find it. Does it run
| > from a command line? Must I run as root?
|
| It should be under the main gnome menu->programs->settings->Gnome
| Control Center.

Or it should be in the panel by default (the toolbox icon) or you can
run 'gnomecc' from a command line if you really want.

| You don't need to run it as root.

You need to run it as the user for which you want to change the
settings.  IOW you can't run it as root and expect to see it work for
your user account.  Since you shouldn't login as root (run gnome as
root, etc) you should have no reason to run the Control Center as
root.

-D

--

Windows, hmmm, does it come with a GUI interface that works or just
pretty blue screens?