Re: Exim help

on Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:38:42AM -0500, Eric Brooks (ebrooks@tds.net) wrote:

> Hi.

> I am trying to get Exim to work as my mail transport agent. I
> configured exim using eximconfig. I selected the smarthost option
> since I am running on a laptop connected to an ISP via an ISDN line. I
> have no trouble with the connection itself in that I can browse using
> Mozilla and send/receive mail with Mozilla as well. I see the mail
> queued when I run mailq, some marked as frozen and some just queued
> but not sent.
>
> My hostname is localhost. Is this a problem?

No.  Though it starts getting interesting on a network with multiple
systems, if they're aware of one another.  But hostnames are merely a
convention within a network.

What specifically is your problem?  I don't see any issues here.

Or are you trying to say none of your mail is being delivered?

Have you tried running exim in non-daemon mode or looking through your
error logs?

Peace.