Malformed release file

Hi all,

Yesterday I posted a message regarding a problem I was having with dselect
and Perl 5.6. I last night decided to download the testing floppy disk set
(dated 14 Nov) and booted from it.

I have got to installing the base system. I am trying to do a network
install. I enter the address of my local Debian mirror, but I get this error
message:

Malformed release file
ftp://debian.paradise.net.nz:21/debian/dists/woody/Release

I don't think it's a problem with the mirror because I get the exact same
message trying with http.us.debian.org:

Malformed release file
http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian/dists/woody/Release

And trying http.us.debian.org with ftp:

Malformed release file
ftp://http.us.debian.org:21/debian/dists/woody/Release

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it? I found one on
the archives, but I'm not sure whether it was resolved or not.

Thanks in advance,

Michael