Re: WYSIWYG Html editor recomendation...

Thomas Halahan wrote:

> I have tried 'amaya' which is open surce from the w3
> organisation.  its' well featured and also makes very nice
> looking HTML at the back end.  However there is not ability
> to refresh if you change outside the editor (like in emacs)
> which I find a bit annoying.  I have also used the mozilla
> composer, but this kept of crashing on me and also put
> loads of &nbsp's where they weren't wanted.
>
> tom
>
> On Friday 23 November 2001 16:38, Alexander Wallace wrote:
> > Hello there! Can some one recomend me a good WYSIWYG
> > editor that will work with debian testing? I would like
> > to find something that will let me create tables and
> > forms with all the possible html controls... Thanks!
----------------------------------
I like WebSphere HomePage Builder from IBM. Yep, it's commercial
software about $70.00 for a Linux version if they have not increased the
price. I like to use it to develop complete sites, the use other tools
to finetune the pages. To use it on Debian I got the Redhat version then
used alien to convert it to my system. I have been using it for 3 years
(two version changes) with excellent results. The closest thing in free
software is probably Screem but it is way short on capabilities compared
to HomePage Builder. I personally think it is FAR better that MS
Frontpage if you need to have a Windows version also.

John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems

Specializing in multi-processor based business software environments!