Unidentified subject!

hardware question
Hi. I have an old 486 computer, with pci bios compliant with revision 2.0.
I bought a new NSdp83815 and it just keeps hanging the computer. The
specificantions for this card are bios revision 2.1 or 2.2. I have a sound
card and usb card compliant with PCI bios revision 2.1 too and they work
lovely in the machine. Does any one of you has an idea of some kind of bug
with this chip?
the card is a 4LAN.

regards
J.A.Serralheiro

PS: sometimes the computer runs well, but 10 minutes later, it starts
getting slower and slower ( invisible to top  that gives a 95 % idle)
until nothing else responds and eventually I have to push reset. Another
thing is that IDE irqs start to being lost too.