Re: RealPlayer

Hello Arlen,

Several times i had the same probs with RealPlayer. Do you use GNOME? Sometimes a (on my system!) faulty esd caused trouble (have a laptop w/ i810_audio, 48kHz, esd never worked a long time). Sometimes RealPlayer worked fine until some apt-get upgrade and failed after that. Did much /etc/ research to find modifications but could not find any hints. Fun, having compiled a newer Kernel solved this problem, but dunno why.

Btw., after around 2.4.8 this problem never cam up again. Using 2.4.16 right now. But the reason may be the modules for my sound card, not a specific kernel bug. Also, i let out sound.o (OSS), may have solved also the problem.

greetings, Timo