Re: xterm: 'X: user not authorized'

In /etc/X11/Xserver, the second line in a standard install is "Console". Changing it to
"Anybody", as is suggested in the comments in that file gives access of the sort
originally requested. I am a newbie and found this while poking around in my newly
installed potato. Would someone please comment on the security implications of this
change? Is this just an automated invocation of "xhost + "? Or is it something else?

Paul