Re: qmail-src

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 04:58:22PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> MH wrote:
>
> OK, I'm working on that, but I didn't think I would need it until I had
> passed the Debian installation path.
>
> > 2) But the debian package is quiet OK and you avoid the hassle of
> >    fulfilling mta-dependencies otherwise.
> >

> That's what I figured!

Or you can just install smail or exim and then disable them.

> Beyond the uscpi-tcp, is there anything else that I *need* for qmail?

No.

> I've already got the DNS working 50/50 (but it's not djbdns).  I don't
> like the fact that so much of djb's stuff doesn't work with any of the
> typical junk - like inetd, tcpwrapper....  The problem is that I really

It will work with these.

> don't want to have both on the system and don't think that everything
> else can work with a substitute - especially with the .deb package
> dependencies.

The DJB methods are not the normal Debian methods. You can go as far as
you would like in either direction -- pure Debian, or pure DJB -- but if
you want anything in between, you need to have both sets installed.

I strongly suggest asking Debian questions on Debian lists, and DJBware
questions on DJB's lists.

-dsr-