Re: qmail-src

    >> Still struggling with this installation.

    dsr> Debian is great; Debian is wonderful.

    dsr> Don't bother trying to get Debian to install qmail. Follow
    dsr> the Life With qmail instructions at: www.lifewithqmail.org

    dsr> -dsr-    dsr> -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
    dsr> debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with a subject of

1) Yes, it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with qmail at
   <URL:http://www.lifewithqmail.org> , good site.

2) But the debian package is quiet OK and you avoid the hassle of
   fulfilling mta-dependencies otherwise.

3) Don't know what's the purpose of your qmail-installation; I
   installed it just for fun/masochistic experience and knew that I
   was just wasting another 2 days of my lifetime ...
Exim and postfix are fine MTAs, too.

4) If you want to persist, just install the other djb-tools
   and check the debian installation (default is procmail/spoolfile),
   and write /etc/alias to qmail-aliases or use fastforward.
Next hassle: dns ...

So if you do it with masochistic intents don't let disturb you by vile
attempts of advice ...

HTH,

MH
--