Re: rm logging

At 2001-11-30T14:13:05Z, "DE SMAELE Kim (BMB)" <Kim.DE.SMAELE@PROXIMUS.NET> writes:

> I am trying to setup an remove logging on a few of our sun E10K
> development servers.

You're running Debian GNU/Linux on an E10K?  Not that there's anything wrong
with that, but I thought that would be pretty unusual.

> Is there any one of you who has an idea howto log every rm command ( not
> in the syslog or with the sysdaemon if possible ).

What are you trying to accomplish?  Do you want to individually record each
and every file that gets deleted, by all programs and users, transparently
throughout the entire system?  Or do you just want a history of all the
times you typed 'rm'?  Your answer will greatly influence the responses you
get.

> **** DISCLAIMER ****
>
> "This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is
> confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are
> intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.

This notice is a little bit goofy when attached to an email to a public
mailing list with world-viewable web archives.
--
Kirk Strauser