Re: exim: misleading package description?

On Friday 30 November 2001 12:24 am, Glyn Millington wrote:
>> Fetchmail can use procmail as the MDA -- just put:
>>
>> mda "procmail"
>
> If your mta is exim then I don't think you need t tell fetchmail
> _anything_  about procmail, exim takes care of that.  Try scrubbing the
> procmail reference in .fetchmailrc

That's correct.  If you're using exim, you don't have to tell fetchmail about
procmail.  However, putting the above line in your .fetchmailrc file, along
with a couple of mods to procmail allows you to remove exim from the equation
entirely.  That was my original point.

--kurt