Tar dependencies broken?

Fortunately I added the -s option in today's dist-upgrade and saw that
quite a few packages which I regard as important will be removed. I
figured out that it has to do with a new version of tar:
$ sudo apt-get install tar
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  alien build-essential cpio debhelper debmake debsums device3dfx-source
    dh-make dpkg-dev initrd-tools kernel-package
    1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 11 to remove and 6  not
    upgraded.
    1 packages not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 492kB of archives. After unpacking 2828kB will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Is this a bug or shall I ignore it and hope that by tomorrow the problem
will disappear?

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord
      and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and
      for ever. Amen."           II Peter 3:18