Re: squid or masqueradeing?

> Now I am a little confused as to how to proceed next.  What I want to do
> is allow web browsing from the windows98 box on the LAN.
>
> What is the best way to do this?  Do I need squid installed on the
> firewall box and then tell the windows98 box to use it as a proxy?  Or
> do I need to setup masquerading (?NAT) in my iptables firewall to allow
> web browsing traffic?

Without a proxy running, u'll have to do  masquerading ( NAT ) for
browsing from other computers, setting  the default gateway in those
machines the ip of the nat machine.

Alternately U may install and configure squid as a transparent proxy
and using iptables redirect all http connections to the squid port,
making good use of the squid caching.

Tt