Re: Kernel up, but no ISA NIC drivers

Stephen Gran wrote:

> You can add the modules you want to bring up, along with any arguments
> /etc/modules.

Naw, this honestly doesn't work, even when I have modules turned on.  I
just went back and made sure the /etc/modules file had:

ne io=0x240,irq=5

and it comes up saying it can't do anything with the eth3 handle nic
which it doesn't find at boot (on the modules kernel I use, 2.4.19), but
then when it's up I can do:

insmod ne io=0x240,irq=5

and the module comes up and I can use it fine.  Therefore there's
something edgy about my problem I think.  Also, I'm trying to use the
device drivers all compiled in (2.4.14 source kernel), and though the
other three come up (eth0, and eth1 are PCI cards, and eth2 is a 3c509),
the fourth one, the ne, doesn't come up at all though the driver is in
there and again it also won't come up with the modules version of the
kernel.

-Xeno

--
http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno