Re: Kernel up, but no ISA NIC drivers

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

> I actually have 4 different NICs on this thing (it's a long story), and
> though the two PCI ones get recognized, the ne2000 and 3c509 ISA ones
> don't.
> I presume there's something I gotta do for 'em in a file somewhere's
> because
> their ISA, but the 3c59x comes up fine with the modules kernel, and I
> can bring up the ne2000 with insmod ne on that one too, but for some
> reason it won't come up at boot as a module on that module kernel.

My apologies again.  It turns out the 3c59x is being recognized, but it
doesn't provide an eth2 symbol in the dmesg.  Is this a bug, by the way?

However, I'm still having a hard time remembering what the file is where
I need to specify my IRQ and ADDR for the ne device driver.  I remember
the ne in particular had a hard time getting recognized unless you
specified the dang address and interrupt specifically.  Sorry, I'm
looking in the debian kernel doc, but it's not jumping out at me.