Re: Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00

Shaul Karl wrote:

> > As my subject line indicates, I'm getting the diagnostic:
> >
> >       Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00
> >
> > when I try to boot up with my home grown kernel.  I've tried several
> > things with lilo on this, but I'm stumped.  rdev indicates the root
> > partition is /dev/hda1, which is what I expect, and I seem to have good
> > lilo entries, as follows:
> >
> > image=/vmlinuz
> >         label=Linux
> >         read-only
> >         initrd=/boot/initrd

		Okay, you were right about initrd.  I took that out and it
	works.  Thank you.

	Now however I have another problem with two of my four NIC drivers not
showing up in dmesg.  I'll start another thread for that one.

Sincerely, Xeno

--
http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
xeno@eskimo.com