Re: Mail - just tried again ....

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 05:51:46PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
| Greetings,
|
| Just reconfigured fetchmail and yet again, mail retrieved according to the
| attached log, yet no-where to be found on my system. Not in the folder as
| directed by procmail ('in-testing') my spool folder, or my regualr incoming
| folder that gets ~all~ mail when using getmail. All these folders are
| correct, active, and able to receive mail, yet fetchmail continues to ignore
| the instructions to use procmail as my MDA.
|
| Any thoughts?

It sounds like fetchmail itself isn't the problem, but I think your
config is still wrong :

|  mda '/usr/bin/procmail'

Looking at the procmail manpage I see :

    procmail [-toY] [-f fromwhom] [-a argument] -d recipient ...

and

    -d recipient ...
        This  turns  on explicit delivery mode, delivery will
        be to the local user  recipient.   This,  of  course,
        only  is possible if procmail has root privileges (or
        if procmail is already running with  the  recipient's
        euid and egid).  Procmail will setuid to the intended
        recipients and  delivers  the  mail  as  if  it  were
        invoked  by the recipient with no arguments (i.e., if
        no rcfile is found, delivery is like ordinary  mail).
        This option is incompatible with -p.

I think with your current setup that perhaps procmail doesn't know
what to do with the mail and thus does nothing with it.  It should
tell in your procmail log.

-D

--

For society, it's probably a good thing that engineers value function
over appearance.  For example, you wouldn't want engineers to build