Re: Mail - just tried again ....

cmasters <cmasters@despamnbnet.nb.ca> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> Just reconfigured fetchmail and yet again, mail retrieved according to the
> attached log, yet no-where to be found on my system. Not in the folder as
> directed by procmail ('in-testing') my spool folder, or my regualr incoming
> folder that gets ~all~ mail when using getmail. All these folders are
> correct, active, and able to receive mail, yet fetchmail continues to ignore
> the instructions to use procmail as my MDA.
>
> Any thoughts?
Yes!

1. Comment out the line in .fetchmailrc which tells it to use procmail as
MDA. I don't think that's necessary ( I don't use it here on a similar
set-up).

2. Just above your "test" procmail recipe, put this recipe just for
   debian-user, and make a folder into which procmail can dump the
   goods. This list spins out mail regularly - you'll not have long for
   a test.

----------------
# Debian user
:0:                                                                            * ^TOdebian-user@lists.debian.org
debian-user.spool

4. If that doesn't work rename your .procmailrc - do you get lots of
   mail dropped into /var/spool/mail/user including the sort of mail
   whioch has hitherto vanished?

5. There is a procmail log file somewhere?  - what is it telling you?

Persevere - this system is great once it is set up ;-)

Glyn

               *          Here we are then.......               *
               * http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk *