Re: ssh2 client for debian 2.2r4?

Alec said:

> I think you people may be confusing the protocol and the program
> version. ssh client as it comes with Potato (2.3.0p1-0.11) supports
> SSH2 (use option  '-2')

i think you may be confusing what is included in potato:

Package: ssh
Version: 1:1.2.3-9.2
Section: non-US/main

supports SSH v1 only. Potato froze several months before
OpenSSH 2.0 came out(which i think was the first to have
basic support for SSH protocol v2?) so it never made it into
potato. and because potato is released, OpenSSH 2 will never
make it in since it is more then a fix, its a full upgrade.

i don't know where you got Openssh 2.3.0 from but it was
not from the official potato distribution..

nate