Re: Installing squidGuard package

* Nigel Pauli <nigel@st-johns.org.uk> [2001.11.28 15:47:10+0000]:
> I am just about to install squidGuard from testing. I've done 'apt-get
> install squidguard' and in the list of new packages that will be
> installed is squid - which I already have installed and running.
>
> Will apt-get realise this and work around or is it rather risky for me
> to continue at this stage?

did you install it from debian packages or from a tar.gz file?
the short answer: it looks as if you did a source install, because i
doubt that apt screwed up. so i suggest you backup your squid.conf and
any other vital data, remove your custom install, then install the
squid package and cppy your configuration back...

wind catches lily,
scattering petals to the ground.
segmentation fault.