mouse freezes in X

Hi, I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, and I'm currently using it
via ps/2 port.  I had no problems with it for nearly a year, but now in
X it will simply freeze on the screen and won't respond.  Restarting X
will usually restore it, but eventually it will freeze again.  Is anyone
else having this problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks,

        // joeytsai

--
           |  FUTURE, n.  That period of time in which our affairs prosper,
 joey tsai |  our friends are true and our happiness is assured.