Re: Fetchmail trouble

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:08:07AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

   > Your server just told fetchmail that there are no messages to be
   > downloaded...
   >
   > Try enabling the fetchall option (see fetchmail manpage). But it is a broken
   > server, I do not know if that will help you.
   >
   > See RFC 1939 for details.

I don't know for sure.

On a hunch downgraded fetchmail. Problem solved. What led me to it was
the identical behaviour of fetchmail under debian and slackware. So, I
suspected it to be a version problem and reinstalled fetchmail 5.5.6
(earlier it was 5.9.3). As the session below shows, it is working again.

  mas@brahman:~$ fetchmail -v -k
  fetchmail: 5.5.6 querying pop.net4india.com (protocol POP3) at Thu Nov 29 03:00:17 2001
  fetchmail: POP3< +OK Cubic Circle's v1.31 1998/05/13 POP3 ready <806600007691053c@popauth2.net4india.com>
  fetchmail: POP3> USER z1585531-001
  fetchmail: POP3< +OK z1585531-001 selected
  fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
  fetchmail: POP3< +OK Congratulations!
  fetchmail: POP3> STAT
  fetchmail: POP3< +OK 3 9149
  3 messages for z1585531-001 at pop.net4india.com (9149 octets).
  fetchmail: POP3> LIST
  fetchmail: POP3< +OK 3 messages (9149 octets)
  fetchmail: POP3< 1 2447
  fetchmail: POP3< 2 3268
  fetchmail: POP3< 3 3434
  fetchmail: POP3< .
  fetchmail: POP3> RETR 1
  fetchmail: POP3< +OK 2447 octets
  reading message 1 of 3 (2447 octets)

So, is this a bug? If the gurus feel so, should I file a bug report? How
do I go about it?

--
Sridhar M.A.                         mas@uomphysics.net

Women, when they have made a sheep of a man, always tell him that he is a
lion with a will of iron.
		-- Honor'e de Balzac