I've screwed something up - big time.

Hi,

I recently had an issue installing php-nuke on my web-site, when installing
it came up with an error relating to MySql , so me thinking I would be smart
added the lines in the sources.list to access the "testing" packages,
updated the available file & installed the latest MySQL in testing. Lo &
behold this didn't correct the issue. So I thought I'd simply remove it,
comment out the testing lines in my sources.list, update & then re-install
the version from stable. Bad move. Not only did MySQL remove itself, it took
out Apache, Perl, Proftpd, PHP,etc. basically left me with a bare box. Ok, I
thought & tried to re-install these using apt, now all I get are errors
stating that Perl needs to be installed before I can install anything else,
yet when trying to install Perl I get the following error;

 apt-get install perl-5.004
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  perl-5.004: Depends: perl-5.004-base (= 5.004.05-6) but 6.3 is to be
installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

I tried to install perl-5.004-base, but it tells me it is already the latest
version?

Can someone advise on a quick solution (I can pull them down from source,
compile,etc., but I need the server back up asap, asignment due).

I would hate to have the RH box I have acting as a webserver, it is only for
testing other distro's & isn't really powerful enough to cope with the
rigours of a web server.

Is there something I missed?
Is there someway to manually edit the list of installed packages to kick it
into re-installing perl (& what is the filename of said file?)?

Regards,

Craig.