Re: cvs security - ssh vs pserver?

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:14:21 -0600
Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@yola.bmrb.wisc.edu> wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, pswerver sends everything in the clear and all that.
> Edit /etc/shadow and set your cvsuser's password to NP
> (or whatever Debian uses to disable logins). Let your
> users download the *private* key of cvsuser. Set up cvsuser
> account so that ssh logins can only run cvs.

Don't you mean the *public* key?  In fact, don't you want
the server to have the public key of the user, and then that
user has to use their private key and their passphrase to
authenticate themselves to the CVS server via ssh?  I'm on
the user end of such a setup, and I don't have any key for
the server but it does have my public key.  Use ssh-agent
to manage authentication/passphrase...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>