Re: Finding missing packages

On 2001.11.27 22:04 jennyw wrote:
I've recenlty posted some upgrade woes (Potato to Woody) ... I've noticed
that I have quite a few packages missing that I expected to be present. I
seem to have limited fonts in X for one thing (no sans serif, for
example).
The Gnome Control Panel was missing. A few other things, too ...

Is there a way to grab all this stuff at once?  Like install everything
for
Gnome and X that the initial installer would install without blowing away
the existing config?

Are you installing manually?
Do you have the "apt" package installed?

I use apt-get and I don't have the difficulties you describe, though I would have them if I used dselect or installed manually.

--
Andrew