Re: Circular directory references (was re: ext2 file too big...)

"Chad C.Walstrom" <chewie@wookimus.net> writes:

> Actually, I should give you more background than this.  These are not
> symbolic links.  This is a screwed up ext2 filesystem.  There was either
> a runaway sendmail process or a runaway mailman process that dumped some
> nasties into /var.  I'm seeing corruption most likely from a sircam
> virus or some such thing.

No user process can (or at least should be able to) corrupt a
filesystem.   The likely causes are hardware failure or a kernel bug.
Look for those.

You might try looking for help on the linux kernel mailing list.

The meek shall inherit the earth; the rest of us, the Universe.