Re: Kernel-2.4.16 won't compile - SOLVED

On 27 Nov 2001, David Goodenough wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2001 5:14 pm, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 27 Nov 2001, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > Kernel 2.4.16 has appeared, to fix the bug in the preceding version.
> > > Unfortunately the new version won't compile here: I get:
> > >

> > > 	In function `parport_config'
> > > 	Undefined reference to `parport_pc_probe_port'
> > >
> > > Anthony Campbell
> >
> > Thanks to prompt reply from the maintainer. Tim Waugh, who has provided
> > a workaround for the above problem.
> >
> > Anthony
>
> It would be really useful to the rest of the community to share this
> workaround!

Sorry, yes, of course.

Enable CONFIG_PARPORT-PC

There is apparently a problem with Config.in, but meanwhile the above
worked for me.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]