From: nate [mailto:debian-user@aphroland.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 11:56
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: alternatives to minicom in debian stable or testing?

i was wondering if anyone knew of good alternatives to
minicom that are available in testing or woody(or i suppose
3rd party). looking for something with better ANSI support
and needs to support serial connections. don't need modem
support(though with serial i suppose its standard). mainly
for null modem connections to various different devices.
also just wanted a term package that was more geared towards
serial connections(to servers, routers etc). minicom is
so modem-oriented.

from what ive seen theres suprisingly few terminal apps
that support serial port connections from what ive seen.
even looking at freshmeat doesnt come up with much.

nate