Re: SSH v2 setup on potato

"nate" wrote:

> i would strongly reccomend trying to build the new openssh
> with the potato version of openssl. i installed the woody
> version of openssl to try to play with sendmail+tls from
> woody and it caused all kinds of minor issues with other
> packages that need ssl like apache-ssl and lynx-ssl.

In fact openssh 2.92p2 from woody wouldn't build without the openssl
libraries also from woody.  The binary is linked with the openssl
libraries so they have to be installed.  Without serious surgery I
wouldn't have been able to get them to work in another location than
what they were set up for.  Since I don't use the other packages you
mention I just went ahead with it.

I remembered that I did get the packages built.  What happened is that
the ssh package had a conflict with rsh-client.  It's not my fault that
I have to connect to some unsecured solaris workstations that I still
have rsh-client around.  Anyway, I couldn't image why ssh conflicts with
it, so I just installed the new ssh package with --force-depends.

				Eric