Re: port 25 disabled?

what is you /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts looks like? What is your exim.conf?
I am talking about using your machine as a mail server, not only using it to get mail from your @home account.
At 05:21 PM 11/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
Thus spake Joe M Mar:
> You could be right. May be they did this just a few days ago because I was > able to send and receive email using freeBSD right out of the box. Indeed, > I was also able able and receive email with debian and suddenly the ability
> to receive mail stopped.
> I guess this means that I cannot do nothing about it, right?
> At 01:08 PM 11/26/01 -0800, you wrote:

I have @home here, and use fetchmail - it works quite well.  I have
exim configured to send mails directly, and that's still working just
fine.
HTH,
Steve

--
Each kiss is as the first.
                -- Miramanee, Kirk's wife, "The Paradise Syndrome",