Re: Mouse not responding in Woody

on Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 07:18:08AM +0000, dooshiant (dooshiant@gmx.net) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Logitech Serial Mouse which I can't get to work in Woody.
> When X starts, the cursor stops responding for a few seconds.
> At first I thought it was a gpm issue; removed gpm and reconfiguring X.
> But I still get the same problem.
>
> Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Was the mouse working under GPM?

What's your selected mouse configuration under X?

Which version of XFree86?

First:  can you read the raw device?  As root:

    $ cat /dev/ttyS0 	# (or /dev/ttyS1 or appropriate port)
    < wiggle mouse.  You should get screen junk >
    ^D 			# to quit

If this isn't working, you've got deeper problems.

Under XF86v3, the XF86Setup utility was pretty good for walking through
mouse configs.   I've only just used xf86cfg, and found that the mouse
configs I tried didn't apply interactively, and I did a lot of editing
configs and launching second X sessions to test settings.

Peace.