Re: How do you repair a bad LILO?

well, if you didn't boot with the correct root filesystem, it won't be
able to find the lilo.conf, unless you pass it as an option to lilo.

so check if the correct / is mounted, if its is and /etc/lilo.conf is
missing you'll have to rebuild it from scratch.  If it's not the correct
/, then mount it manually, and do a lilo -f /mntpoint/etc/lilo.conf

shaya potter