Re: Problem with mounting CD-ROM

On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 05:16, Abner Gershon wrote:
> I have a Plextor PlexWriter CDRW/CDROM drive and have
> been getting the following error message when
> attempting to mount this drive:
> (I type: mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdc /cdrom)
> hdc: packet command error: status=0x51 (DriveReady
> SeekComplete Error)
> hdc: packet command error: status=0x04
> ATAPI device hdc:
>      Error: Hardware error --(sense key=0x04)
>      Tracking servo failure --(asc=0x09,asq=0x01)
>      The failed "Test Unit Ready" packet command was:
> "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00"
> mount: No medium found

This sounds like a failure of the transport mechanism.  Your drive may
require repair.

At my former company we had an ATAPI Plextor CDROM that started to have
errors.  After an error, the LED on the drive would blink.  We called
Plextor and they recognized the error as a manufacturing defect.  We
sent the drive to them in Santa Clara and it was repaired within a few

I suggest checking for blinking LEDs, and calling Plextor technical