Re: mailsync - is it working for somebody?

jan@tomasek.cz writes:

> Hi Brian,
> thanks for reply.
>
> > Install rsync on both computers, and then a command resembling:
> >
> > rsync --archive --verbose workstation:"~/Mail" ~/
>
> Actualy ~/Mail have to be at destination path otherwise it created
> mailboxes in my home.

Err, yeah, sorry about that.

> Problem is that this will create exact copy of my mbox in from work at
> notebook, if I will change something on notebook and start this again I
> will lost everything (I'm mostly thinking about 'not new=readed' flag in
> mailing list archives. Same in other direction if somebody (actualy
> something = procmail) will change mbox on my workstation and I will lost
> all new emails :( This can't work.

Yeah, good point.  If you switch to a "one-file-per-mail" format like
maildir, then you shouldn't lose anything.

> Another problems is mailbox locking ... I'm using rsync sometimes as
> faster scp on huge files but here it can't help me :(

I'm not sure what you mean, but maildir should take care of locking
problems.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
BigNachos@jabber.org