mutt & imap

Just been spending this morning reading the mutt manual and man pages, but can't find anything on this topic.

When I use tab completion for the first time on my local vanilla UW imapd server, mutt complains, briefly, about not being able to find ~/.mh_profile. This is annoying.

If I touch that file (on the server), then the folder listing that mutt comes up with has an extra folder (one of the "+" ones, that it thinks contain both messsages and folders), that contains exactly the same contents as the directory I've specified as $imap_home_namespace (e.g. ~/Mail).  <yoda>Annoying, this is.</yoda>

Is there any way to tell mutt that it shouldn't look for ~/.mh_profile and what's more, I'm not using MH at all.

I'm using the latest mutt from stable, and I'd prefer not getting into compile-time options, if possible.

jc