[up5a@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de: a probably FAQuestion]

This person needs some help with his laptop and X.  Can someone help him
out, please?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Please do not look directly into

Sorry for direct s.p.amming you.
After querying the docs, I have to go on mailing.
Where do I direct a question? (Or could you bounce this to apropriate
places?)

1.) My laptop "fades" to white everytime I switch from the console to the
X-server 4.1.0 - I have to restart X.
2.) SuSE uses 4.0.3 or so and there it works.
3.) from the log-files I could find that SuSE-X seems to (either be more
verbose in the XFree86.log or) have APM - ABI - and all extensions

Before I start recompiling the xserver-xfree86 package, is there already
some solution for these problems.

Please reply to up5a@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de

Thanks,
Tobias.