Re: tty1-6 screwed up

Shaul Karl wrote:-

> I do not know what gone wrong.
>
> As for having a vt reset without rebooting, try issuing a reset command
> (reset) after logging in. Ignore the fact that you might not see this
> command while you keying it in.

Thanks, but I'd already tried that.  No luck; it stays in graphics mode.

Like someone else said, it seems to confuse the graphics card (or some
part of the kernel, because I noticed when rebooting 8-) that the
kernel manages to cure it before shutdown is fully complete).

It happens when I come out of full-screen XMAME under the sawfish WM;
sawfish (I presume) dies; I get thrown back to gdm, and the 6 ttys are
hosed.  Can anyone else reproduce this?  It's fully reproducable for
me.

Neil.