Re: Turning on CAPS Lock by default

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 01:57:44AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 08:18:33AM +0100, Morbo (morbo@freemail.hu) wrote:
> > Is there a way to have CAPS Lock turned on in all VCs and perhaps telnet
> > sessions by default?
>
> I believe this is a BIOS setting.

I've often seen BIOSen with settings for initial numlock, but don't
recall ever seeing one for capslock.  And linux ignores (well,
overrides) BIOS numlock settings anyhow, so I would expect it to do
the same with capslock.

> This is strongly discouraged.

Agreed.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss