Installation problem "mount failed"

I am trying to install Potato 2.2r3 from CD-rom onto a
system with Gigabyte GA-7DXR main board, 1.4 Athalon
processor, two 20 GB hard drives, and Plextor
PlexWriter 12/10/32 CD-RW drive. The hard drives are
master and slave on the primary ide controller. The
PlexWriter is on the secondary ide controller.

I am able to boot to Debian floppy and partition my
hard drive and mount my file system. Then when I try
to install the kernal from CD-rom I get the error
"mount failed" Failed to mount CD drive.

Any suggestions.