Re: WTF: bug uses ee

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 06:01:30AM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
>   right. the question morphs - how come ee has higher priority than vim
> (or any other vi clone)? The least surprising (this is linux) editor is
> some vi clone... (you get ee, there's no way to tell it's ee, there's no
> way to figure out how to save & quit (or quit without saving) - you get
> worst of all worlds)

The priorities are skewed towards novice users. I believe the
expectation is that people who use vi can probably manage to change the
default. As a vi user I'm quite happy for them to stay that way - I
think it's a lot worse for a new user not coming from a Unix background
to encounter vi by accident than some more fluffy editor.

This isn't to say that the priorities might not need tuning a bit.