Re: bug in dynamic link libraries???

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 08:08:30PM -0500, xucaen@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi all. does anyone know what the hec this is? I had just compiled a program for
> school and ran it and got this error:
>
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

Is the system at your school a Debian GNU/Linux system?

To debug something like this, it would probably help to gnow what version of
ldd you're using, what version of GCC, and see your program.

In my opinion, unless the system you're compiling on is in fact a Debian
system, you might be more likely to get answers in places like gnu.gcc.bug
or gnu.gcc.help or plausibly comp.lang.c.

Note: mailed to both the list and "xucaen".
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming