There've been a lot of these [was Re: Print problems with CUPS]

I've been seeing a lot of CUPS related problem on the list lately and I,
personally, have been having no end of problems printing since the last
cups upgrade landed through apt-get: my home printer (parallel port)
won't print at all... I guess I'll have to try rebooting and cycling the
printer :-) My computer here at work, OTOH, will print blank pages from
mozilla but, otherwise, appears to work fine (this one's printing to an
HP JetDirect card).

Would all these problems be bugs in the current version of cups or the
debian packages? I looked at the bugs for cupsys and cupsys-client and
all the serious looking ones are over 100 days old so they're probably
not the culprits.

Any thoughts?