Re: Problems with eth0 and 2.2R4

aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com wrote:

do you mean *.244.241  or *.245.241 in gateway ...

=== you have a typo !!

Ah! That was it. I modified my /etc/network/interfaces to reflect the correct gateway, rebooted, and everything works great. Many thanks.

Ok, let's take a step back now.  If networking works after I perform:

  # route add default eth0
  # route add default gw 128.165.244.241

which uses the incorrect gateway, then why doesn't it work upon booting the machine? Is there some sort of error generated in the networking script that I don't see?

Thanks again.

Dan