Re: Bad install with SCSI (sym53c8xx - no hard drive found)

How do I load a module?  Once booted from CD I get the "Debian
GNU/Linux Installation Main Menu" which only seems to let me configure
keyboard or hostname.  There's a "Install OS Kernel and Modules"
option, but it won't work until the root filesystem is mounted (it
says).

I think I'm missing something "obvious" about the install procedure -
all I'm doing is sticking a CD I have with debian on (2.2r0) in the CD
drive and rebooting.  Should I be making my own boot floppy or
something (not sure what that involves...)

Thanks for the speedy response!
Andrew