Re: S: Sound editor

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 02:53, Markus Grunwald wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Since there now is a "multimedia"-Debian distri, I start getting hope
> again: is there SOME reasonable sound editor for Linux ? I am
> searching since my Linux start (2.0.??) for something as powerful as
> Cool Edit but everything I get is MixViews which is just horrible to
> use :(
>
> Can you point me to something ?
> Thanks !

If all you want is a window that displays seismic vibrations, you can
try glame. It's reasonable up to the point you start using some of the
filters. I don't really know how good it is because I use it mainly to
cut and paste tracks. It makes use of its own swapspace, so be sure
your HD has lots of free MB's.

--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."