Problem with LVM and ReiserFS on Woody

Hi,

I've got a problem with LVM and ReiserFS.
I tried to migrate my Woody system to a LVM system with ReiserFS on
the root partition. Everything works ok, but when I tried to merge
some obsolete partitions to one my volume group was not found by the
'vgscan' program. Therefore 'vgchange' was not able to activate my volume
group.
After that I tried to repair my system with the 'uuid_repair' utility
but it was not successful. My next step was to mount the logical
volume but the ReiserFS module could not find a ReiserFS on that
logical volume. Then I tried to fix the filesystem with 'reiserfsck' but
that didn't work.
My data seems to be available when I looked at the partition with a
disk editor.

Now I want to if anybody has an idea how I can get my data, maybe with
'dd' or with another tool. If anyone has an idea please send me an
email.

...I'm using the 2.4.10 kernel and the LVM 1.0.1 rc4.

Thanks in advance.

Bye,

Sven

PS: Please CC any answers to me because I'm not subscribed to the list.

| Please reply only to sgaerner@gmx.net                                   |
| Do not send HTML mails, they will be erased...                          |